Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Post-Christmas Post

So Christmas was... Christmas.  There was food (slow cooked turkey breast, macaroni and cheese, green beans, potatoes, and chocolate chip cookies, for the curious).  There was eggnog--I actually just drank the last of it; it had mellowed out a lot.  There were phone conversations with relatives and an argument over whether I had an Easy Bake Oven (I did).  There were horror movies.  There was Shin Chan. Oh, and there's a video on Facebook in which my older brother is wearing  bright pink wig.

There was no Christmas mani because my Wet N Wild French White Creme refused to dry.  I did try painting my nails black in preparation for a star manicure, but then ended up not feeling it.  Finally, I came up with something I wanted yesterday.

Excuse the pictures.  I didn't like the stamping on my left hand, so I took pictures of my right.  I'm not a lefty, and the button placement isn't good for left-handed pictures.  (Do they make lefty cameras or do left-handed people just have to deal?)  The red is actually a lot deeper--more crimson than scarlet.





Details:
Base-- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Honeymoon Red
Stamp-- Scorpion (Konad equivalent m28) Bon Bons Silver
Tips-- Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil

Overall, I'm happy with it, but I'm not a fan of the photos I've gotten.  Oh well.  There will be a new mani in a few days.


In crafty news, here's a preview of my newest pattern:


And here's the pattern link.

No comments:

Post a Comment