Saturday, March 10, 2012

St. Patrick's Skittles

First, I'd like to point out some new links up above.  There's my current polish list and a list of polishes I've successfully used for stamping for anyone wanting to try stamping but not sure about polish.  Some of them have links if I've posted pictures to the blog.  Now on to the good stuff.

Because I'm lazy brilliant, this collection of St. Patrick's day mani ideas comes in the form of one skittles mani.  I'm quite happy with them, even the simpler ones because they have their own understated qualities.  Let me show you what I mean.






Details:

Pinky:
Base- NYC Long Wearing in French Tip White
Dots- Sally Girl in dark green

Ring:
Base-Wet N Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint
Stamp color: Sally Girl in dark green
Stamp:  Konad equivalent m22

Middle:
Base:  Sally Girl in dark green
Sponged colors:  NYC Long Wearing in  French Tip White, Sinful Colors in HD Nails
 
Index:
Base:  Sinful Colors in HD Nails
Dots:  NYC Long Wearing in  French Tip White, Wet N Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint

My favorite is the pinky manicure.  I love the dotted french on the pinky, and my ring finger reminds me of a faded T-shirt.

I also experimented with a gap on my ring finger,  but I don't think I pulled it off.  Maybe girls with squarish cuticles aren't meant to have gaps because none of the blogs I've seen run by someone with similar cuticle shapes have gapped manis either.

I did the dotting with a DPN (double-pointed needle for the non-knitters) and the sponging was done with a makeup wedge (and a little bit of thinner).


No comments:

Post a Comment