Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pink Wednesday: A Double Post

So my original mani idea for today didn't turn out well.  I bailed partway through because it just felt like wasted effort.  But more on that, later.  Here's the replacement.



This was tough to photograph since the sun had gone down by the time I was ready, so I had to resort to the kitchen lights and a white backdrop.  The color (Sally Girl Epic) is nice, but not nearly as bright and more dusty than it looks here.



Now for the failure.  Glitter leopard print looked great in my mind.  Too bad it didn't translate on my first attempt.  Here's the unfinished product before I took it off:


Never mind the stray glitter.  Some of the glitter on the dots didn't stick.  For the record, I used clear nail polish and loose glitter.  This picture was after going through the process twice.  By that time, I'd also noticed that the color from my nail art pen was cracking.  Going over some parts with the pen probably would have improved things, but I just didn't feel like finishing it any more.  Some other time, maybe.


Details:

(Blue w/Stars)
Base Color- Sally Girl in Epic
Stamp Color- Bon Bons Pink
Stamp- Konad Equivalent m

(Glitter Leopard)
Base Color- Wet N Wild Megalast in Candy Coated
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black
Glitter- Sally Girl Sparkle Effects Loose Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment