Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pink Wednesday of Fail

Okay, I said I would have a blog post up today, so that's what I'm going to do, even if this mani leaves much to be desired (and is still drying as I type this).

I've been having a bit of a nail art dry spell.  I'll put on a few coats of my base color, and that would be it.  I'd say I was going to stamp or dry marble or whatever, but it would never happen before the polish started to chip.  I'm still looking for something other than buying more polishes to kick me in gear.  A weekly challenge or something.

Anyway, here's a picture before I go into what's wrong with my nails.



 

I decided to try a half moon dry marble. The colors didn't marble well and the edges are messy.  And of course, as the top coat was drying, I got dents.  Enter the glitter for coverup.  This mani is not staying on.

One thing that surprises me is that it hasn't messed up yet.  Normally, this glitter can't go on top of anything that isn't completely dry; it tends to dry while leaving the layers underneath still wet, which leads to disaster.  Well, the topcoat was still wet when I added the glitter, yet it's managed to dry completely.

I'll spare you the details this time around unless anyone really wants to know and/or wants to try and do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment